Thursday, February 23, 2017

Crafting: Bioshock Brush Holder



Im on a Home decor journey, transforming my bathroom into the underwater chaos known as Bioshock. It's a bit tricky to achieve what my vision is...being in a rented flat and all but there are other ways to go about decorating! Now I may be your typical gamer sloth who puts minimal effort into her appearance most days, but on the other hand Ive got that urge to throw war paint on and parade the outside world with makeup! So to keep with the theme and organize my makeup tools ive made my own brush holder. Heres the finished product and I'll go through what supplies i used to complete it below.
you'll need:

Step-by-step Instructions:
1. Print out your image. Mine needed to be a full A4 sheet in order to fit on the tin so very minimal measuring for printing was needed.
2.(optional) Brew 1-2 tea bags,any brand will do. squeeze excess water out and dab the bag all over your picture for an aging effect, making sure not to over saturate the paper.
3. Once its dry, get your mod podge and craft brush and pat on a thin layer over the image.
NOTE: do NOT brush on the mod podge! this will cause the ink to smear and ruin your picture.
4. Let the mod podge fully dry then add another layer and let dry again.
5. Cut your image to the correct size and glue it to the tin (i used mod podge but any type of adhesive will do). once dry you may do a victory dance of your choosing as its now complete! 
I may have used mine as a makeup brush holder but this could be use to hold all sorts of things! Have you made one of your own? I'd love to see! feel free to tag me on IG or Facebook :) 
original image created by: http://mmmmdeath.deviantart.com/art/Please-Stand-By-Rapture-90046898

No comments:

Post a Comment