Saturday, March 25, 2017

Crafting: affordable bat signal decor


Since its March, stores are stocking all kinds of Easter basket items, and boy did i come across a little gem! lol. One of my walls is (supposed to be) decorated with Batman memorabilia so Ive been on the hunt to find interesting things to use on the wall. While strolling through B & M this caught my eye:
2.99 from B & M
Isnt it just the cutest 😍 its so tiny... I HAD TO HAVE IT haha. So now was the part on how i was going to display this little thing. i couldve just put it on a shelf... nah too easy.. not for this weirdo!😂 I had the brilliant idea of attaching it to the ceiling to shine on a section of the wall. I rummaged through my craft junk and found a command strip, leftover cardboard, and the hot glue gun. LETS DO THIS. The bottom of the bat signal wasnt flat so thats why i needed cardboard, to give it a flat surface to attach the command strip to. Now what i didnt expect was that 1 strip would not be enough. For something so small I actually needed 3 of them. Thats gravity for ya folks!




After managing to get it to stick. i waited patiently for the sun to go down to test out the new addition. ohhh how much i love it. look at it highlighting that riddler cane 💓 Is it practical? NO..do I love it?..YES! I need a bigger one i think! haha but this one will definitely do the trick for now xx

No comments:

Post a Comment