Sunday, March 12, 2017

Crafting: Wall Mounted Nuka Cola Bottle Opener


Im starting to FINALLY revamp my kitchen in Fallout theme and super happy this craft turned out so well! Was inspired to make this when strolling through The Range and came across wall mounted bottle openers. (for only 2.99!)

So if your interested in how this came to be check out more below :D
















I started out by removing all the screws and sanding the wood as the lettering on it was raised a bit (needed to in order to have a flat surface to repaint). Next I used primer spray and let it fully dry. *Always a good idea when painting, especially porous materials like wood*
 Then moved on to repainting the wood a nice red color. while it dried i printed out my Nuka cola girl. Put 2 layers of mod podge over the image, let that dry then used a xacto knife to carefully cut out the parts i wanted. Once that was dry i glued the cut outs onto the wood and put a full layer of mod podge over that. After an hour letting it dry( word of the day isnt it?! lol) i screwed back on the opener and cap catcher (with a minor scratch accident in the progress lol). After that it was time to hang it up!
*I already had most of the materials I used on hand so instead of screwing it to the wall I used some left over command strips. Also would have preferred using a spray sealant as the mod podge seeped into the grooves!*
This was a very easy/affordable craft to achieve. If this inspired you to make one tag me! id love to see. I cant wait to make FO bottle caps to display with mine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment